Sunday, November 14, 2010

That Holiday Feeling

I broke out the Christmas music and movies. Yep, that's right! I grew up waiting until December, or at least the day after Thanksgiving, which was great until the past few years I have been getting fewer and fewer days with all those wonderful memories that I wait for every year. Because we leave fairly early in the month to go visit family, even though I still get to hear Christmas music, it's not always what I want to hear or what I want to watch. (Even though when I was sick and pregnant last year my mom kept trying to make sure I got to see every movie I wanted to - thanks, Mom!) So, I'm going to make sure I get around to getting my Christmas fix...especially since the movie thing is pretty easy to get to right now.
When I told Trenton we were opening Christmas movies you would've thought I was telling him that that very moment was Christmas day! He was so excited, which of course rubbed off on Tyler and we have had a blast watching all the Christmas favorites together. Of course, Ben is still against listening to and watching Christmas anything before Thanksgiving, but he agreed there's not enough time in only two weeks to cure me for another year and just laughs when he comes home and the entire house is ringing with my Christmas favorites!
Besides, how can you go Christmas shopping, wrap all the presents in Christmas paper, & start planning your Thanksgiving dinner without a little holiday cheer to boost your spirits and bring back years of memories in an amazing rush of emotions? Especially when the weather recently changed to cold & wet? I don't think there's a way...or at least a reason to! I am soaking up the holiday spirit and feeling and it feels so good!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha! I have my tubs of Christmas decor in my living room just waiting for the "acceptable" moment to put them out. I WAS going to get everything set up figuring that I wont feel well enough to do it after Thanksgiving, but Justin talked me out of it. I've always been the day after thanksgiving type too, but We'll see if I can have it out with out getting it out for much longer.

Kahilau said...

I am with you! I remember popping Christmas music on during Thanksgiving day prep and my in-laws were bothered. I just laughed and said, too bad, it's on! I love it! The kids want to listen to it in the car and Mike won't have it. So, we don't until he gets out of the car!