Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's Starting to Feel Like Home

I finally went out and faced our new yard. It's a little overwhelming right now, not only because of the space, but also because it's nearly harvest time and we have SO MUCH PRODUCE. Which is awesome, but still overwhelming. :) We've also played outside a little to get out of the house and to enjoy the sunshine. We haven't really gone anywhere much, but there's still plenty to do at home, so I'm sure staying in will be the new norm for me!
The previous owner told us that they usually get about 300 pounds of apples and pears!! And we still have two peach trees as well. That's a lot of fruit to come upon while you're moving in. Not exactly planning on canning this year, but I'm looking forward to the craziness of the years to come!
Of course when you have boxes the rule is that children must play in them. Trenton is the best at getting Ty & Paige to go play in the boxes. We have our living as the dumping ground for boxes, especially until I can break them down. Yesterday I didn't dare break any down because Trenton had all the kids playing in the boxes for an hour at a time, at least 3 times. Pretty nice when you're unpacking and organizing things like your food storage room with your husband...:) It was so fun to listen to them have a great time in that big empty room with the boxes flying and cracking. This was what Tyler and I picked out of the yard in about 5 minutes. It was really my first poking around out there because with the house AND yard needing so much attention, it was just too much for me. Now I just pull in what we will use everday and don't worry about the rest. I have offered to whoever wants to come get fruit to do so...that offer is open to anyone! I will post when fruit is ready for picking! I realize these are weeds, but they are so pretty, especially with fall and winter around the corner and leaving all my flowers that I loved! They are happy and smiling everyday.
This picture cracks me up because Paige has carried around the play ice cream cones since we unpacked here. I set up the play room first so I could get some other rooms unpacked and this was what she latched onto. Last night we let the kids try out the new 'swimming pool' bath in our room. It was a hit. Of course Paige could barely see over the top and we had to stay extra close! It was fun and I can see us using that as some kind of reward for the week because it was such a hit with the boys. This picture is classic Tyler right now. He is into using his imagination 100% of the time and it's wonderful! Friday while Paige was napping, Tyler didn't want to play or read, but just followed me around the house telling me all the characteristics of the new 'dinosaur' he made up. It's called an 'anksaur' and it is amazing! Anything you think could beat it, can't. It was a two hour process to list everything it could eat and all the things it can do. And then came the fun when Trent and Dad came home and we got to tell them about Anksaur. And ever since then, Mommy seems to be the only one who can remember the name. So multiple times a day Tyler asks me what it's called again and then runs off to be an Anksaur. Anksaurs can jump and climb things. Just so you know. :)

No comments: