Saturday, March 24, 2012

Things I Have Learned

Tonight I was cleaning out some computer files (you know, sometimes it just has to be done!) and I came across this list I made for my younger sister for a personal progress project she was completing. It was fun to create and I love looking back over it. I have learned so much while being a wife and mother. I felt like I got a kick start on some things and then was pushed into further knowledge has I had to put these things into action on a daily basis. I know there's much more I could add to the list, but tonight I was just happy to have it to look over!

Things I learned at home that have helped with being a mom:
- Playing the piano
- Singing
- Planning and time management
- Cooking/baking
- Sewing
- Child care – baths, grooming, feeding, changing,
- Hard work
- Organization
- Plant, yard, garden care – watering, planting, weeding
- Read & reading comprehension
- Teaching – how to present, help them remember
- Personal Grooming
- Nutrition
- How to pray and read scriptures
- Journal writing
- Laundry
- Make bed daily….sometimes this is the one thing I get done, but I have done SOMETHING!
- Temple attendance
- Fulfilling callings
- Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children
- Small things – putting movies away, cobwebs, disinfecting toothbrushes

Things I learned at school or out of the house:
- Budgeting
- Service
- Basic care of cars
- Phone calls – set up doctors, dentist, car repair, etc. calls
- Exercise routine
- Alarms…save my mind

Things I wished I had learned a little bit more about:
- Atonement
- Patience, charity
- Selfless service – never ending service and fortitude

No comments: