Today I woke up an hour earlier than my kids and felt....good! It was awesome! So I lay there and read a book - something I used to love doing and which I haven't even had the brain for in the past few months. It felt wonderful. I was just diving into a fun novel and relaxing and thinking how quiet and calm it was. Ben got up early to go golfing and it felt nice not to be so sick or so tired and woken up again after trying to get all the last possible sleep I could. Heaven!
To top it off we came home from swimming lessons and library story time and I sat the kids down and asked what they wanted to do. I was all up for heading to the pool, but they just wanted to play...together. Tyler: "I think maybe we just need some good playing at home today, Mom." Awesome! I lay on my made bed and finished reading my book. And then I read to them for quiet time.
I cannot express how happy and content it made me feel to just read and not pass out because I sat down. I have missed reading to myself so much.
I guess because I was really sad about not having any water play today I took the kids out after naps and we washed and vacuumed the van....Tyler, once again, "Mom, I like washing it at home more than in the big car wash." Yeah, I'll have to think about that....:)
3 comments:
It makes to so happy to read that you are feeling better! I hope it keeps up. We would love to play if you are ever up for it.
It was so fun to run into you today! I love that you blogged about reading a book. Ezra is reading Harry Potter and I am trying to read it with him but I keep falling asleep. Oh well, glad things are HEAVENLY for you!
hahaha. I did not realize my sister was signed in. That last comment was mine.
Post a Comment