Last fall (while I was having people come over in droves to pick our produce from our trees because it was just too overwhelming for me), I did find a great fall recipe. I made and ate it one day while my sister was visiting because I knew Ben wouldn't like it, but I love it.
Today I was talking with my sister about last October and how we made this recipe and loved it together. It made me want it so much. So, I came right home and made it. Still delicious!
1 package cream cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 cup canned pumpkin - or, you know, I could use some of all those pumpkins we have, but I prefer those for carving and decorating my porch...:)
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
ground nutmeg
Cook 1st four ingredients together until all melted and combined; add pumpkin and seasonings - heat through. Serve over pasta.
I really don't like things I think should be sweet with salty things, but I think this is good because of the little bit of heat. Of course, you can always not add that and still enjoy it. Plus, it comes together in about 5 minutes, which is awesome!
1 comment:
I'm going to try this. I love all things pumpkin and this sounds delicious!
Post a Comment